Monday, October 22, 2012

Animoto Video Creator

Animoto video is for creating your own videos.  They allow you to do this by uploading your own pictures, clips, videos, and music, then picking one of their designs, and adding text.  You are able to create your own movie based on your own personal style and interests.  You can also use their default music, pictures, and videos that they already have.  There are three different versions.  There is the free version called lite which allows you to make a video up to thirty seconds with limited types of designs and settings.  Then there are two premium versions, plus and pro, that you pay for monthly and includes more features and full-length videos. 

Originally I thought the site would be easy to use, based on its opening page advertisement saying “Easy to do, make a video in five minutes”!  But instead I found myself spending an hour trying to edit the video because it kept cutting my videos short.  The site also puts its own “twist” on the videos, so some parts that you may want to be shown are cut to include the site’s own effects.  The reason it wasn’t easy to use was because I had the free version which did not enable most of the websites features.  With the ability to have longer videos and more settings, the premium versions are probably the way to go; if you’re willing to pay. 

Overall I find this site very useful because I take videos all the time and I like making my own "movies" and "montages" out of them which this site allows me to do!

I made my own Animoto video based on the life of a gymnast:
Edie's Animoto Video

No comments:

Post a Comment